Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana?

Make /amiabanana/ Great Again!
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Cracked's Dethy^3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
avatar

Number of posts : 1167
Age : 22
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Cracked's Dethy^3   Wed May 09, 2012 8:57 am

No game running? Hot damn, time for another Dethy. Time to take a defibrillator to this dieing site.

Explanation of Dethy, in case you're new. (By which I mean copypasta (by which I mean copypasta of copypasata.)

For those of you who don't know, Dethy is a game type that follows a specific set-up, which is as follows.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Insane Cop, 1 Naive Cop, 1 Paranoid Cop

For those of you new to cop sanitites, they're quite simple.
When a Sane Cop investigates a target, he is told wether or not they are scum.
When an Insane Cop investigates a innocent character, he is told they are scum. When he investigates a scum character, he is told they are innocent.
When a Naive Cop investigates anyone, he is told they are innocent.
When a Paranoid Cop investigates anyone, he is told they are scum.

It's important to remember, however, that the cop players don't know their sanity.

Dethy also has a couple of extra rules you should remember as well.
1. When a Cop dies, their sanity won't be revealed.
2. This game type makes use of 'Cop Headstart' giving the cops a Night 0 in which they can investigate, but the mafia cannot make a kill.
3. Not a rule, but it should be remembered that this is a gametype in which No Lynch is a fairly valid vote.
4. Cops cannot investigate themselves, as 1337ness suggested in the discussion. This rule may or may not be in my later Dethy games, depending on how it works out.

Role PMs
Are fairly straightforward, so I don't feel the need to post them here.

Rules (by which I mean copypasta [by which I mean copypasta of copypasta])
General
0. I am mod, and I am God. Whatever I say trumps the rules as you understand them.
1. Dark red is my colour. Don't use it. I will consider it an attempt to impersonate the mod.
2. Do not quote private communication with the mod. This includes role PMs. Doing so will risk modkill.
3. Unless your role specifies otherwise, do not talk about the game outside the game thread. If your role does specify otherwise, you may still only talk about the game where your PM says you can.
4. Don't edit your own posts, you will be instantly modkilled.
5. When a player achieves the majority of the votes, the game enters twilight. This means players can no longer change their votes, but they can still talk.
6. Once the mod declares you dead, you are dead. Dead people do not talk.
7. Once the mod declares it night-time, you are asleep. Sleeping people do not talk. Sleeptalking is a modkillable offence.
8. Modkills are to be done in the way most disadvantageous to the player and their faction. This means that any modkilled player changes to neutral, and therefore cannot win the game. If a mafia-sided player was modkilled, the day continues. If a town-sided player was modkilled, the day ends immediately.

Activity and Deadlines
9. Post every 72 hours. If you fail to do this, you will be prodded. If you do not respond within 48 hours of your prod, you will be replaced. This rule is flexible if you give advance warning of your absence.
10. If you will be absent, tell us when you will be back.
11. Day one has a deadline of three weeks. Day two and onwards have a deadline of two weeks. All nights have a deadline of three days. If anyone has announced that they will be absent over the course of a night, the night will be extended for 24 hours after their announced return. Deadlines are non-negotiable barring absences and exceptional circumstances.
12. If no player has acheived the majority of votes by deadline, then no-one is lynched.

Voting
13. Votes are to be bolded and roughly in the form Vote: Playername
14. Retracting a vote is to be done in the form Unvote: Playername. Unvoting before voting a new player is appreciated but not compulsary.

The all important rule
15. If you think you've found a loophole in the rules, then you're wrong.

_________________
Nice legs, daisy dukes, makes a man go   
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vorsprung

avatar

Number of posts : 162
Localisation : Cooking meth in your outhouse
Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   Wed May 09, 2012 11:01 am

I'm so cresent fresh, super cres at best, I'm in, and hopefully I'll actually do something this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous
avatar

Number of posts : 760
Age : 21
Localisation : 5IXQ6f6eMxQ
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   Wed May 09, 2012 11:43 am

I'm so in this beeauch.

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Navarre

avatar

Number of posts : 272
Localisation : Ivalice
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   Thu May 10, 2012 11:38 am

/in
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1335
Age : 106
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   Thu May 10, 2012 7:12 pm

After substantial thinking.

/in
/out
/in

So, Orandulum or Mizicho should join now. Ideally Mizicho, then I can be scum and hide behind the epic Navarre vs. Mizicho argument.

_________________
Cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amiabanana.topic-zone.com
Krika

avatar

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   Thu May 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Yes, I was just thinking about joining.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Navarre

avatar

Number of posts : 272
Localisation : Ivalice
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   Thu May 10, 2012 8:28 pm

1337ness!!! MY LOGIC CAN BE CONCLUSIVE AND LOGICAL SOMETIMES!!! MIZICHO JUST IS SCUMMY NATURALLY AND I HAVE TO TUNNEL HIM FOR THAT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1335
Age : 106
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   Thu May 10, 2012 8:42 pm

No, you tunnel Mizicho because you don't like him.

Anyway, let's try not to spam the sign-up thread with discussion.

I... I think that was a sign-up from Krika.

_________________
Cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amiabanana.topic-zone.com
Mizicho

avatar

Number of posts : 171
Age : 20
Localisation : That crack in the wall above your bed.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   Thu May 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Even /I/ don't want to miss the Mizicho vs. Navarre argument. And I'm apart of the damn thing.

/in
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krika

avatar

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   Thu May 10, 2012 10:02 pm

[Well, being vague never helped anyone. I'll just observe the game for the time being]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
avatar

Number of posts : 1167
Age : 22
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   Thu May 10, 2012 10:39 pm

I'll take that to mean you're not in this one, Krika. Which is fair enough, if you haven't played Mafia before. Dethy is not a good place to start.

Speaking of which, I'll probably have the game up sometime tomorrow.

_________________
Nice legs, daisy dukes, makes a man go   
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1335
Age : 106
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   Thu May 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Disagree.

Dethy is by far the most logical of all mafia game types, requiring the least judgement calls; most of it is cold hard fact, instead of scumhunting. It's almost not mafia at all. I'd say it's one of the best starting points, but whatever.

_________________
Cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amiabanana.topic-zone.com
Vorsprung

avatar

Number of posts : 162
Localisation : Cooking meth in your outhouse
Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   Fri May 11, 2012 7:58 am

I've come to the conclusion that Navarre is even more insane then me; a real achievement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AcRv
The Traitor
avatar

Number of posts : 475
Age : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   Fri May 11, 2012 11:10 pm

1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
Disagree.

Dethy is by far the most logical of all mafia game types, requiring the least judgement calls; most of it is cold hard fact, instead of scumhunting. It's almost not mafia at all. I'd say it's one of the best starting points, but whatever.
Vorsprung wrote:
I've come to the conclusion that Navarre is even more insane then me; a real achievement.

Both of those QFT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krika

avatar

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   Sat May 12, 2012 10:03 pm

1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
Disagree.

Dethy is by far the most logical of all mafia game types, requiring the least judgement calls; most of it is cold hard fact, instead of scumhunting. It's almost not mafia at all. I'd say it's one of the best starting points, but whatever.

[That's the problem isn't it? It may be easy for newbie players, but isn't the whole point of mafia is scumhunting? It gives the player less experience on mafia in general :/ So yeah, not a good starting point.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1335
Age : 106
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   Sun May 13, 2012 9:12 pm

Krika wrote:
1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
Disagree.

Dethy is by far the most logical of all mafia game types, requiring the least judgement calls; most of it is cold hard fact, instead of scumhunting. It's almost not mafia at all. I'd say it's one of the best starting points, but whatever.

[That's the problem isn't it? It may be easy for newbie players, but isn't the whole point of mafia is scumhunting? It gives the player less experience on mafia in general :/ So yeah, not a good starting point.

I like you

_________________
Cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amiabanana.topic-zone.com
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
avatar

Number of posts : 1167
Age : 22
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   Sun May 13, 2012 10:39 pm

You back when I said sometime tomorrow? Well, I was wrong.

Make it sometime tomorrow.

_________________
Nice legs, daisy dukes, makes a man go   
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous
avatar

Number of posts : 760
Age : 21
Localisation : 5IXQ6f6eMxQ
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   Mon May 14, 2012 10:51 am

Cracked Atlas wrote:
You back when I said sometime tomorrow? Well, I was wrong.

Make it sometime tomorrow.
You spew nothing but LIES! YOU AND YOUR FILTHY EARTH BOY LIES!

*Ahem*

ASAP would be prefered.

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy^3   

Back to top Go down
 
Cracked's Dethy^3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» RuneScape on Cracked.com :D
» Steam Gold v2.1 CRACKED May 30, 2012 | PLAY CS:GO
» Delupe Aim VIP Cracked
» Iniuria CSS full 3.0 cracked [UPDATED]
» Experimenting with Dragon Forge Bases....

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana? :: Mafia :: Sign-Ups-
Jump to: