View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Melexiious
The Fabulous

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:12 pm

I'm not sure, I re-read the rules but didn't see anything there. But something tells me that Atlas said he ruled it out, or wanted to due to the fact it kinda broke the game, or something.

I mean, if he allows it, then full steam ahead. But I thought it was banned, or highly discouraged.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orandulum
Spurt Reynolds

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Did anyone do the same as me and try to Investigate themselves night 1 and get denied?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Uuuh

Patrick, I'm fairly sure that could potentially be considered quoting a mod-post, considering it pretty much confirms you put in an investigation and says you're town. So either that, or you're scum and you're lying to make it seem like you're town.

While I ain't voting him, I'm just saying. He'll probably be either mod-killed or he's scum because it's not actually quoting a mod-post, he's lying. It's not confirmed he'll get mod-killed for saying that. I'm just saying that he might be.

Also Atlas posted this in 2012,
http://amiabanana.topic-zone.com/t114-self-investigation-in-dethy

So I assume he just copy-pasta'd an old thread, which didn't have the rule.
So no self-investigation.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orandulum
Spurt Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:33 pm

Well yeah, didn't honestly consider that, though this is just me claiming to be a cop. though this pretty much crushes my case against Navarre.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orandulum
Spurt Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:36 pm

I was going to point out that Navarre didn't try to investigate himself, or at least didn't consider it because if he had, he would be aware that you're not allowed to. seeing as he then suggested we all do that, not know why we hadn't makes me think he never had the option to investigate anyone which is why he didn't consider investigating himself before. If you get what I mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency

Number of posts : 1167
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:38 pm

You guys are really bad at re-reading the rules.

Cracked Atlas wrote:
4. Cops cannot investigate themselves, as 1337ness suggested in the discussion. This rule may or may not be in my later Dethy games, depending on how it works out.

Melexiious
The Fabulous

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Riiight, oh well. As long as you're not modkilled, that's all that /really/ matters in the end. Scum or Town, both a bad outcomes.

But I get what you mean, but it doesn't exactly mean it's confirmed. I missed it in the rules and didn't know you can't investigate yourself. It's not a huge thing, really... but it's still relevant to some degree.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tunnel Snakes Rule

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2013-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:37 pm

Even if we did nolynch today the only thing that'll come out of this is one of us dead. Sure, we might confirm one... Maybe two roles if we're lucky. Time is tick-tick-ticking away and a no-lynch might not work. I'm not suggesting we lynch someone now, but a no-lynch doesn't really sound like the best course of action.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:52 pm

Though it is to be noted, No Lynch can be useful in this game-type. I personally prefer 1 town person to die tonight, rather than two and go into the next night with only 3 people left which could be a very likely scenario.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Navarre

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:58 pm

Keeping my vote on mel since that was a really big scum comment. You would rather the mafia control 2 kills and have four of us going to day 2 where the mafia can figure out which cop they killed and simply claim that specific sanity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:35 pm

No, I'd rather have a logical discussion before making any judgements on what to vote, (something you seem to have a lacking grasp of) than to vote on someone randomly. And above all else, I'd rather have a vote on either [No vote] or [Vote: No Lynch]
Which is a fairly good idea, in case you lose track of your votes against someone else and someone else makes a similar vote, then scum hammers and well.. if it happens to be a general consensus to vote for someone due to evidence, we'll go with that.
but I really don't see the likely hood of scum hammering for a [No Lynch]

But seriously, lets look at your votes.
Navarre wrote:
Investigated Orandulum and got guilty.

Vote:Orandulum
You throw a vote on Orandulum purely because you got a guilty read, which would only be 50% chance of being right. While slightly understandable it's still a rather silly move. Shouldn't you wait until someone did a proper read of all the investigations, that had been fully checked by at least two people before voting?

Navarre wrote:
Can we get more people posting please? Its really hard to figure out who is scum without communication. Also

Unvote: Orandulum
Vote: Melexious

because doge deserves to die
You change your previous vote to me, purely because Atlas changed my avatar to a doge.
10/10 good job.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiVUUyNMLB8

Also,
How does No Lynch = Mafia controlling two kills, I can understand mafia getting one clean kill, with their night actions, but I don't see how mafia can kill two people, in one night, with a no-lynch.
But I said in the post below, no lynch can be useful in this game type, which is quite literally said in the OP-rulelist Atlas posted in the sign-ups thread, yaknow, that it's a valid idea for this gametype.
So thus meaning, the idea isn't as pants-on-head-retarded as you seem to claim, it's a very valid one.

So there's either a mis-communication between our posts, or you're strawmanning hard, I never said that I'd want /two/ people to die, I'm fine with one because that guy was going to die regardless of what I say. How do you know Mafia will, for certain be able to figure out who's role is what, and take that position. It's an uncertainty.
Lets say this, you all vote me and I'm (Hypothetically) town. Then
Bamb, night kill phase, two kills right there.
How about we vote say, Manlove who was (Hypothetically) was town?
Bamb, night kill phase, two kills right there.

Statistically, it'd be much more likely for mafia to control two town kills through voting on town people people, than a no-lynch and they just happen to make the right choice in kills, to get the right sanity, to take their role.

I ain't putting my vote on you yet, but I'm certainly leaning to you as Scum.

And even if I was scum (I wont confirm nor deny it, since it's fucking useless to say 'I'm town guys, believe me! I have candy!') I sure as fucking hell ain't smart enough to do that. If I just so happened to had been scum, this would have been an easy win for town tomorrow since I'd probably fuck something up in trying to predict votes and I'd get caught out day 2. I'm /shit/ at deathy as we've seen time and time again. I can't even tell what roles people could be from the given evidence, rather than figure out from the blank spaces.

See, I'm more better on the personality side of mafia, than the math side. I don't even know why I signed up. I just really wanted to play mafia I guess.

fug.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Manlove

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:06 pm

I'm not sure why you'd bother pointing fingers at someone who, by the beautiful governing force of mathematics, can not be scum, but w/e.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:10 pm

If you vote no lynch. Mafia kills at night, We lynch during the day. If we lynch wrong. Mafia wins. Lynching today dictates we have 2 chances of killing the mafia rather then one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Dunno if Mel or Manlove is scum since he hopped on the no lynch wagon instantaneously
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Manlove

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:09 pm

well, on the case of nolynch,

>we vote for nolynch
mafia gets a night kill
we get more time to investigate and work out the whole shabang
there would be 4 people, meaning that there would need to be 3 people voting for a cause before it's passed, so the mafia (if he chooses to try and convince everyone who 'scum' is) would need to convince both of the remaining participants to lynch someone,
at that point we'd have a 1 in 4 chance of getting the correct lynch, and also 2 sets of investigations for us to piece together all of the roles and lynch with accuracy.

>if we lynch someone
1 in 5 chance we get it right and the game ends
4 in 5 chance we pick wrong and we lynch a townie,
mafia also get's night kill
2nd day would only consist of 3 people, one of which is the mafia
in this scenario, if the mafia wants someone dead, he merely needs to vote for one of the remaining two townies and then convince the other townie to vote the same. at that point the game is over.

so yeah, it's either we do the option that has a higher chance of us winning, or we take a 1 in 5 chance. And with Navarre accusing everything but the kitchen sink over there, I have high doubts for that option.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Captain Manlove wrote:
I'm not sure why you'd bother pointing fingers at someone who, by the beautiful governing force of mathematics, can not be scum, but w/e.

See, I don't understand the maths behind it. So I'm wasn't going to vote on anything in case I'm horribly wrong, and then that's used against me by someone who actually is scum.

I'm just saying that he's being awfully illogical with his votes, which considering it only takes 1 to throw a blind vote, a second to agree and a third to hammer, it isn't the best of ideas to vote because their investigation told them that they're scum, or that someone had an avatar of something they don't like.

Hell! You might be scum! I don't have a fucking clue! You could be lying to me and I'd have no clue!
Well, since nobody called you out, I'm going to assume you're safe n' sound.
(but I'll be honest you're looking pretty damn-town.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Well lets be honesty. Who was going to agree on my votes due to those reasons? If someone did quick hammer and survived the night then 99% chance of the quickhammer player being scum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:19 pm

You guys are all experienced in mafia to know my logic for voting previously was stupid right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:22 pm

Really, it's better to be safe than sorry. As I said awhile back, you could have thrown a silly vote, forgot about it. Someone go "hrhm, Imma thinkin' 'bout to vote this guy" then vote, then scum hammer. So that's why I've been putting most of my votes on either No Lynch, or Unvote.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:24 pm

And true, that they might potentially be scum, but who knows? Maybe they just agreed with what one guy said? And forgot that their final vote, was the vote to push it over the edge.
Again, it's just better to be safe, than sorry.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Meh. A lynch today is better then a no lynch. I refuse to get on the no lynch wagon on the basis that being able to discuss and lynch 1 suspect today and still reach day 2 with a smaller group to work with. Rather then taking it safe, letting mafia kill one of us off and having more suspects.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:00 pm

UNVOTE

I just realized there were two for No Lynch, I don't want anyone voting anything till I get Evan and Patricks thoughts on this.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orandulum
Spurt Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:40 pm

Uh Navarre, a No Lynch is better than a lynch. Why? Well for one while lynching tonight means we have less suspects, it /also/ means we're in instant LyLo. Dethy is all about collecting information and using it to find scum. Lylo day 2 means less nights to investigate. Less nights means less info. Less info means higher chance of town losing. Follow the logic?

But if we lynch tonight we might get scum and win night 1. We have a 1/5 chance of lynching right with the limited information we currently possess. This means we have 4/5 chance of killing a townie which as I may remind you puts us in LyLo with less information than we would normally be able to get.

In case you're not sure of what I think we should do night one Vote: No Lynch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orandulum
Spurt Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:44 pm

Actually I'm gonna quickly Unvote before scum can hammer the no lynch and end disscussion. We need to discuss who should be investigated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous

PostSubject: Re: Cracked's Dethy's Sixth Birthday   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:55 pm

Good idea.

Who /should/ be investigated?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content