Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana?

Make /amiabanana/ Great Again!
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Mafia 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Melexiious
The Fabulous


Number of posts : 760
Age : 21
Localisation : 5IXQ6f6eMxQ
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:21 am

Yeah, it's kinda hard to get reads on people when half of them don't post that often.

And hey, I'm one of them.
We need some way to get more chatter happening.

Hey 1337ness/Atlas, are there any decent ways of getting chatter to happen ?

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iced_Tea



Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:37 am

Melexiious wrote:
Hey 1337ness/Atlas, are there any decent ways of getting chatter to happen ?

We could play 20 questions or truth or dare or some shit like that.

Or we can start RVSing again to force people to respond. Just gotta make sure we don't accidentally kill someone.

BTW, I wanna lynch Waluigi, clearly he did 911.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AcRv
The Traitor


Number of posts : 475
Age : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:11 pm

I was supposed to prod Tunnel Snakes Rule yesterday. Doing that now.

Orandulum has about six hours to go
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Manlove



Number of posts : 104
Age : 83
Localisation : The
Registration date : 2013-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:12 pm

Iced_Tea wrote:
BTW, I wanna lynch Waluigi, clearly he did 911.
Waluigi is just misunderstood, don't be so cruel.

Anyway what better way of getting the conversation ball rolling than with blatant finger pointing.
I'm getting a scummy vibe from this Iced Tea person, they've been awfully pushy about getting this first round done, throwing around the idea of no-lynch and then random lynching. This could just be impatience on their part but still it rubs me the wrong way.

Though on the other hand, if I place my vote on them and they are town, It'll only take 1 more bandwagon vote from a scum and we'll be down a player so I'll hold my vote for the moment.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AcRv
The Traitor


Number of posts : 475
Age : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:46 pm

Just a heads up, from 2PM tomorrow until 6PM on Sunday I will be absent.

Our good friend Krika will be stepping in to do the vote counts and other modly duties during that time. He is allowed to use the colour of Cyan.

Should night start while I am away, it will last until I return should I return after the usually allowed 48 hours. So you can send your night actions to me still.

Other than that, carry on as usual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous


Number of posts : 760
Age : 21
Localisation : 5IXQ6f6eMxQ
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:09 pm

Fucking fuck.
That's the 3rd time my mouse has double clicked ('cause it's a shit mouse) and deleted a post I was making.

I really fucking need to use text-pads instead from now on.

Basicly I threw up a post talking about how does anyone actually hammer and get away with it, and asked everyone if they've ever seen someone pull off a hammer and managed to get away with it.

Then I did a bit of searching into the meta of hammering and found that some people use 'intent to hammer' as a way to try and get roles out of people. Also that there's actually a role in some games called the 'Hammerer' where if there's a L-1 situation, they're either forced into the situation or can place a secret vote to set that vote through causing the hammer to happen. (If I've read this correctly I didn't really read into it that much)

Thinking about it now it my old post was kinda fluffy, so I guess it's better this way.
(It wasn't that long, just a bit wordy.)

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin


Number of posts : 1335
Age : 106
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:40 pm

I know that it's a super-marginal edge, but I think to avoid giving scum the benefit of longer night we should avoid lynching until Friday night (not... not that it looks like we're actually looking even close to lynching).

It's super easy to find yourself trawling the wiki and looking at bizarre roles that have seen some level of use at various points in the history of the game, but most of those are extremely rare/non-standard and practically never come up. Even some of the explicitly normal roles are pretty obscure and kinda don't really exist. I'm pretty sure that any mod who used the Hammerer in a modern game would be politely asked to kill themselves.

More on-topically, yeah, pretty much nobody ever quickhammers outside of LyLo, especially given pressure from other players to declare intent to hammer.

@Mod, is there a replacement in the pipeline for if Orandulum flakes, or are we actually down to modkills at that point? Have you FB-prodded him?

I'll be honest, I'm pretty set on this course of action barring new input from players (mainly new input from Orandulum/Manlove, buuut if Melexx/Cracked manage to surprise me with something totally new that's cool too).

_________________
Cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amiabanana.topic-zone.com
Iced_Tea



Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:50 pm

Captain Manlove wrote:
I'm getting a scummy vibe from this Iced Tea person, they've been awfully pushy about getting this first round done, throwing around the idea of no-lynch and then random lynching. This could just be impatience on their part but still it rubs me the wrong way.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to defend myself here or not, but if I just stay silent that won't get the game forward so:

My first no-lynch was just a RVS, so that doesn't count (respectively if it does, everyone else's RVS would count too, which would actually be quite interesting). The second time I brought it up 1337ness brought up the whole math thing, which didn't convince me on a statistical level, but did convince me as far as "uneven player totals during day are favorable for town" goes. That's why I stopped pushing no-lynch.

But yea, I'm mostly just impatient. In part cus I'm new and only used to the IRL Mafia (okay, Werewolves, same difference) we used to play in school, which was much faster than forum Mafia in general and nobody really took seriously. In the context of more serious Mafia I can see the merit of taking longer even for D-1, though.

@1337ness: By "this course of action" do you mean lynching me? Cus I'm pretty sure that's domestic abuse. :(

I think not actually killing anyone until friday sounds good, yea.

Noob question: Are there any ways at all to tell which roles could and could not be included in the game? Is it just normal for mods to use whichever obscure roles they wanna use without telling the players beforehand?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin


Number of posts : 1335
Age : 106
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Information gained from random votes is always to be taken with a grain of salt for obvious reasons, but it is theoretically there (assuming that being scum has a subconscious impact on people's play, which I tend to believe it does), and can very occasionally be relevant. I think "it's just RVS" is a relevant defense, but I don't think it's an airtight defense (and it's worth noting that explicitly invoking it actively harms RVS' effectiveness, though that's primarily a concern very early in the game).

Mod said all roles in the game are explicitly normal as per some linked article.

More specifically than that, you can make a lot of assumptions on roles in the game based on the number of players and the flipped roles, but those assumptions are biased in favour of your view of game balance (because balancing mafia games is extremely complex, it's not uncommon for differing views between players and mods to cause honest claims to be viewed extremely suspiciously as "that would be really unbalanced and surely the mod wouldn't do that to us right?").

I fear that giving set-up speculation specific to this game, at this point in time, just makes it easier for scum to work out their fake claims, so I'd like to keep my mouth shut on the issue.

Yes, "domestic abuse" is in fact the course of action I'm liking for the time being. So: am I wrong?

_________________
Cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amiabanana.topic-zone.com
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency


Number of posts : 1167
Age : 22
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:45 pm

Yeah, I really don't like the 'it's just RVS' defense here, mainly because what kind of random vote is no-lynch? Like, what kind of information were you expecting to get from that? I know RVS tends to just be a bit of goofing, but you then did hold with that vote for a while.

A theory; you were aware that a no-lynch would benefit scum, and attempted to use your lack of familiarity with the game to push that agenda. Unlikely... perhaps, but possible. Would explain why it took multiple people pointing out you were wrong before you backed off.

Also, you're pushing the 'I'm new' argument a bunch. Which, I mean, it isn't necessarily a bad argument, but I just hate to see it. Newbish play can be mistaken for scumminess, sure, but scummy play can just as easily be mistaken for newbishness, so you're argument basically boils down to 'sure, I look scummy, but I'm not I promise', and it actually kinda works. And I don't like it.

So, right now in the Iced_Tea vs. TSR debate, I'm leaning a fair amount towards Iced_Tea.

_________________
Nice legs, daisy dukes, makes a man go   
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AcRv
The Traitor


Number of posts : 475
Age : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:54 pm

1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
@Mod, is there a replacement in the pipeline for if Orandulum flakes, or are we actually down to modkills at that point? Have you FB-prodded him?

He has responded to an FB prod acknowledging intent to post. Though it has been 72 hours since his on-site prod, but the FB prod came 48 hours later so he may be going on that clock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iced_Tea



Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:31 pm

Cracked Atlas wrote:
Like, what kind of information were you expecting to get from that?

I wasn't aware RVSs had to serve a purpose, at least not at the time. I was genuinely just goofing around oblivious to how anything works. TBH I wasn't expecting this to be a serious mafia group, as I didn't believe serious mafia groups were actually possible before I came here.

Cracked Atlas wrote:
Would explain why it took multiple people pointing out you were wrong before you backed off.

I take issue with the word "wrong" in there. I still don't think no-lynching D1 is can be called objectively "wrong", even if there are some legitimate arguments against it. I also don't see how no-lynching D1 is beneficial to scum enough for them to try and push for it. It would be more beneficial for them to try and lynch a townie.

The big problem with your theory, Atlas, is that you're assuming me to be good enough at the game to elaborately fake newbishness, at which point I would also be good enough at the game not ever make myself suspicious in the first place, which is obviously what I would do as no suspicion is much less risky than suspicion averted by fake newbishness. So unless I'm beyond next-levelling all of you by playing badly on purpose to make a newbishness argument more effective, your theory doesn't hold up.

1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
Mod said all roles in the game are explicitly normal as per some linked article.

That narrows it down a lot, thanks.

1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
More specifically than that, you can make a lot of assumptions on roles in the game based on the number of players and the flipped roles, but those assumptions are biased in favour of your view of game balance (because balancing mafia games is extremely complex, it's not uncommon for differing views between players and mods to cause honest claims to be viewed extremely suspiciously as "that would be really unbalanced and surely the mod wouldn't do that to us right?").

Sure, for roles where "is this appropriate in a 7 player game" is heavily opinion-based, you can't really draw any conclusions. However there are roles that simply cannot realistically work with 7 players/2 mafia. For example I highly doubt we have a Serial Killer. (In general any role with a kill ability could easily be overpowered with this few players) Counter-roles such as a Ninja also seem unlikely, as they require a sufficient amount of other roles to function.

But sure, maybe mod is a troll and gave us two serial killers.

1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
Yes, "domestic abuse" is in fact the course of action I'm liking for the time being. So: am I wrong?

Why would you want to domestically abuse a cute loli like me?  :(

Joking aside, I do think you're wrong. Especially if your justification is that perceived "disconnect", because that's so tenuous it's laughable. I could respect most of TSR's justifications for wanting to lynch me eventhough I obviously don't agree with them, but going off some ridiculously tenuous so-called disconnect and concluding that I am therefore scum doesn't make sense at all. If you were going off of "she's being pushy and hiding behind noob status" I'd still say you're wrong because obviously I don't want to get killed, but at least I could respect that reasoning.

It's in fact so tenuous that it's almost suspicious. You've jumped at little details in my messages and went "aha, look how suspicious that is!" several times so far. At the same time you've avoided using any of the obvious justifications for lynching me (such as "she's being pushy") almost as though you were trying to not look suspicious by using a justificaiton that is "too obvious". You seem incredibly eager to kill me, which either makes you scum or salty at me for trolling you with the girlfriend thing. Eitherways it doesn't make your accusations against me particularily credible.

I'm adding 1337ness to my list of people that might be scum (it now contains 1337ness followed by TSR). Again to clarify: I'm not sufficiently convinced the people on the list actually are scum, they're just the closest to my scum threshold out of all players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin


Number of posts : 1335
Age : 106
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:33 pm

The little things are convincing. The big shit, it's just shit, I have been mislynched for being pushy as town, I have mislynched several people because I thought they were playing up their newb status. If I wanted to lynch players for being wrong, I'd be lynching... pretty much everyone in this thread. None of the "big stuff" raised is convincing to me at all. I'd be surprised if it were, nobody in this game is stupid, nobody's going to do big obvious things just because they're in the mafia, so yes, I'mma peg you on the little shit.

But fair enough, you want a case beyond a one-liner, and I know the frustration of being denied that decency. Also if I'm going to be the most active poster, I should probably actually post something worthwhile.

Focusing so hard on Nathman for a lynch in the early game doesn't read like "town looking for scum to lynch" (i.e., furthering your wincon), it's "I want to push a lynch but can't look for scum because I am scum and therefore already know who scum are". I don't buy the claim that you were treating Nathman as a no-lynch, because (ugh, I'm about to veer into "you could just be wrong" territory) the idea that we would want townies alive to form a buffer applies even to lurkers if derived from a statistical mindset. Then there's the "you seem to already know Nathman's alignment" slip that I called you out on, which makes my speculative streak think that you were frustrated with a seemingly-to-be-modkilled scumbuddy and wanted to lynch him out of frustration while also earning sweet town-cred (as an aside: in my totally anecdotal experience, hard bussing like that often comes from newer players).

It seems suspicious to me that your only scumreads are on a) the most popular scumread in the game, and b) one of the guys on your case. These seem like the sort of "scumreads" that scum claim to have.

Something kinda cute that I picked up on in a reread:
Iced_Tea wrote:
2/7 of us are mafia, meaning if we hit someone at random (which is essentially what a D1 lynch does unless the mafia players are stupid) we have a 5/7 chance of hitting a townie, which, for most of us, is a bad thing.
Fine, I guess that's an assumption that a townie could conceivably make, but it pings in conjunction with the Nathman slip (and I hate to go into "frustratingly obtuse townie" mode here, but there are secret reasons as well as the obvious public reason for which it pings).

Finally, the disconnect between calling someone the scummiest player in the game while unvoting them alarms me. Yes, it's a small thing that doesn't mean a whole lot in a vacuum, but this is not a vacuum.

_________________
Cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amiabanana.topic-zone.com
Iced_Tea



Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:40 am

1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
The little things are convincing. The big shit, it's just shit, I have been mislynched for being pushy as town, I have mislynched several people because I thought they were playing up their newb status. If I wanted to lynch players for being wrong, I'd be lynching... pretty much everyone in this thread. None of the "big stuff" raised is convincing to me at all. I'd be surprised if it were, nobody in this game is stupid, nobody's going to do big obvious things just because they're in the mafia, so yes, I'mma peg you on the little shit.

That's a reasonable enough explanation for the parts of your behaviour I was reading as scummy. (Though you also look like someone who is inherently hard to read eitherway, so there's that.) I'm taking you off my list. My read on TSR is also fairly tenuous and more based on demeanor than actual action, which may well just be part of his personality (which I can't tell because I've never played with him before). If he's normally a bit snarky/sarcastic and generally defensive, then that's just him not a sign of scummyness. This is again part of the reason why I'm not voting for him eventhough he seems the best candidate for a vote to me personally.

1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
Focusing so hard on Nathman for a lynch in the early game doesn't read like "town looking for scum to lynch" (i.e., furthering your wincon)

That's because it wasn't. I wasn't furthering a wincon, at that point in the game I wasn't thinking competitively at all. As I've explained before I was trying to get the game to go to D2 as I didn't think we'd get anything useful out of D1. (And no, I'm not using the word "useful" to mean competitive useful, but more recreationally useful aka "fun".) Plus I was kinda pissed off at Nathman personally because he wasn't showing up at all.

1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
I don't buy the claim that you were treating Nathman as a no-lynch, because (ugh, I'm about to veer into "you could just be wrong" territory) the idea that we would want townies alive to form a buffer applies even to lurkers if derived from a statistical mindset.

Assuming modkill, he is a no-lynch though. At the time I didn't realize a modkill would happen quickly for mere inactivity, so from my perspective lynching Nathman would've just been a faster modkill. As far as statistics go... you're contradicting yourself. You said that lynching someone D1 would be better statistically, so lynching Nathman would be good. Plus we can't know whether Nathman is a townie or not, so "leaving him alive because more townies is always better" doesn't work unless you know for sure who is and isn't a townie. Do you?

1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
Then there's the "you seem to already know Nathman's alignment" slip that I called you out on

I can't slip on something I'm not aware of, and you can't "call me out" if there's nothing to call me out on. And the expression "calling someone out" kinda pisses me off in general, it's often... uhh not sure of the exact word... self-righteous? Something like that. But that's besides the point.

As I said before, I had no idea the day would end if a townie gets removed for activity, and also didn't realize player replacements are a thing. I know all of this sounds like I'm just pushing the "omg I'm new don't hit me" argument again, but if you're going to bring up accusations I've already addressed I'll have to re-address them the same way.

1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
Finally, the disconnect between calling someone the scummiest player in the game while unvoting them alarms me. Yes, it's a small thing that doesn't mean a whole lot in a vacuum, but this is not a vacuum.

This is the thing you're the most wrong on. Like I can see the Nathman "slip" as an actual slip someone might make when they're scum and bad at the game. But the disconnect literally does not exist. I really regret second-guessing myself and not elaborating more on this in the original post, but (again as explained before) I did not mean "scummiest" as-in "the most scummy" but as-in "the closest to being scum". Seeing as "close to scum" isn't scum, it only makes sense to not vote for him, and there would be a disconnect if I had kept the vote up when saying that, not the other way around.

In general, you're reading way too much into me. All of these things are actually there unlike the disconnect so it's a step up, but they're all still fairly tenuous. And definitely no less tenuous than my accusation towards you based on "he's only considering the small shit".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iced_Tea



Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:45 am

1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
Iced_Tea wrote:
2/7 of us are mafia, meaning if we hit someone at random (which is essentially what a D1 lynch does unless the mafia players are stupid) we have a 5/7 chance of hitting a townie, which, for most of us, is a bad thing.
Fine, I guess that's an assumption that a townie could conceivably make, but it pings in conjunction with the Nathman slip (and I hate to go into "frustratingly obtuse townie" mode here, but there are secret reasons as well as the obvious public reason for which it pings).

This is another thing I seem to be completely missing your point on. What about what I said "pings"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency


Number of posts : 1167
Age : 22
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:59 am

I find myself in the unusual position of not wanting to post until I either see 1337ness' reaction to Tea's post, or vice-versa, only to have them post, and then wanting to hold off until the other one posts again. I guess what I'm saying is that this is a really interesting argument.

I did have some input that I wanted to add here, but have now reconsidered it mid-post. I feel that genuine, unfiltered reactions are key here, and my adding any more weight to either side may disrupt that.

I also don't want to post for the sake of posting.

However, a number of other players seem to be holding off on posting because not enough people are posting. This kinda pisses me off, because it gets so fucking circular, and then no one posts, and we just have these lengthy 1v1 arguments (Iced_Tea the real MVP here for getting into two of these so far.)

So I guess the real point of my post here is to call out self-righteously insult the lurkers, who are refusing to add content due to the lack of content. You're part of the problem, boys, and as much as I'm sure Iced_Tea would be happy if this thread were just him her and 1337ness jerking each other off, that does not make for an entertaining mafia game. I mean, it'd still be entertaining, but uh... actually, I want to see that now.

_________________
Nice legs, daisy dukes, makes a man go   
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iced_Tea



Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:49 am

Cracked Atlas wrote:
(Iced_Tea the real MVP here for getting into two of these so far.)

Hehe, my main goal is keeping the thread active, and while I don't necessarily enjoy 1v1 arguments they do really help keep up activity. (Let's just hope they don't get me killed. Ehh, I'm not really worried.)

Cracked Atlas wrote:
However, a number of other players seem to be holding off on posting because not enough people are posting. This kinda pisses me off, because it gets so fucking circular, and then no one posts.

That's describes the problem pretty well, yea. It's like a viscious cycle.

Cracked Atlas wrote:
As much as I'm sure Iced_Tea would be happy if this thread were just him her and 1337ness jerking each other off, that does not make for an entertaining mafia game. I mean, it'd still be entertaining, but uh... actually, I want to see that now.

Ehh, I already spend a lot of time jerking off 1337ness outside of mafia, I'd totally welcome a change of pace.

Cracked Atlas wrote:
call out self-righteously insult

I'm not sure if you're trying to make fun of me for the call out = self-righteous thing here. As a non-native English speaker I'm genuinely unsure if that was the right word, the comparison could be completely nonsensical and I wouldn't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency


Number of posts : 1167
Age : 22
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:19 am

Oh, I just wrote the phrase 'call out' without thinking, then remembered your comment on the term so I made a little goof on it. Your English is more than fine, self-righteous completely works within context.

Actually, until you pointed it out, it did not even cross my mind that English wasn't your first language, I mean, of course it's not, but like most non-native speakers using the language online, you're far more fluent than most native speakers.

Then again, you /are/ Swiss. You probably speak, like, 4 languages to varying degree of proficiency. Crazy mountain weirdos with your neutrality and your, uh, Toblerone.

_________________
Nice legs, daisy dukes, makes a man go   
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iced_Tea



Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:44 am

Cracked Atlas wrote:
but like most non-native speakers using the language online, you're far more fluent than most native speakers.

Ehh, native speakers are still more fluent. It's just that non-natives are actually trying, whereas natives just kinda slap their keyboard with a fish and click send.

Cracked Atlas wrote:
Then again, you /are/ Swiss. You probably speak, like, 4 languages to varying degree of proficiency. Crazy mountain weirdos with your neutrality and your, uh, Toblerone.

Nah, we learn French in school and I even had Italian at some point (and Latin, but that's a different story). I completely blocked out the Italian and all my French classes ever did was make me hate the language. I kinda sorta not really actually do understand French, though.

And you're one to talk, fucking Aussies with their bad internet and kangaroos. And like giant bats and shit. Also spiders and heat, and apparently penguins too according to 1337ness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AcRv
The Traitor


Number of posts : 475
Age : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:06 pm

Orandulum has requested replacement

If none is found within the next hour and a bit, the slot will have to be modkilled. This is obviously not the preferred option.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AcRv
The Traitor


Number of posts : 475
Age : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:31 pm

A replacement has been found.

Unfortunately the account does not yet exist. A Role PM has been sent on Facebook, the user should exist tomorrow. If in 48 hours there is no account, then Krika will have to modkill the slot keeping in mind Rule 8:

Quote :
Modkills are to be done in the way most disadvantageous to the player and their faction. This means that any modkilled player changes to neutral, and therefore cannot win the game. If a mafia-sided player was modkilled, the day continues. If a town-sided player was modkilled, the day ends immediately. Third-party modkills are resolved with my discretion.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous


Number of posts : 760
Age : 21
Localisation : 5IXQ6f6eMxQ
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:42 pm

AcRv wrote:
Orandulum has requested replacement

If none is found within the next hour and a bit, the slot will have to be modkilled. This is obviously not the preferred option.

Whoa hey give me a few.

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous


Number of posts : 760
Age : 21
Localisation : 5IXQ6f6eMxQ
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:43 pm

Wow I'm a God-damned idiot, I saw 'ACRV posted' and thought that was the post and didn't see the next page.

Ignore me pls.

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin


Number of posts : 1335
Age : 106
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:47 pm

Iced_Tea wrote:
Assuming modkill, he is a no-lynch though.
No, assuming he gets modkilled, he is a modkilled player. If we lynch him prior to his modkill, then he was not given the fullest chance to save himself from modkill, at which point he is a lynched player.

Iced_Tea wrote:
As far as statistics go... you're contradicting yourself. You said that lynching someone D1 would be better statistically, so lynching Nathman would be good.
I was speaking from the perspective that you put forward in the thread earlier, my claim is that even your own logic (which I disagree with) still states that lynching Nathman would have been bad. As an aside, I pretty much never advocate lynching lurkers D1, on the grounds that many town power roles can deal with lurkers significantly more profitably than a lynch can.

Iced_Tea wrote:
Plus we can't know whether Nathman is a townie or not, so "leaving him alive because more townies is always better" doesn't work unless you know for sure who is and isn't a townie.
Again, this speaking from your stated perspective earlier in the thread that any given player is more likely to be town than scum.

For clarity: YOU put forward the position that D1 lynching is bad because we are more likely to hit townies than scum, and because we need a buffer zone of townies in order to survive. You then, for reasons seemingly in total contradiction with this (and I tend to assume that town voting reasons will have some degree of coherence to them even when they're wrong, because they come from players who actually have scumhunting to do), decided that we ought to lynch someone for lurking (which is, effectively, a random lynch; note that it is a lynch, and not a modkill, because you deny them some of the time they had to start posting). From MY perspective, the only way to reconcile these inconsistencies is "you are Nathman's frustrated scumbuddy" (and I want to make it perfectly clear to everyone that at this point I am far more interested in convincing you guys to lynch Iced_Tea than I am in "doing the right thing by presenting a fair case").


Iced_Tea wrote:
As I said before, I had no idea the day would end if a townie gets removed for activity, and also didn't realize player replacements are a thing.
I can't accept this. As in, if I start accepting "I did not have that piece of public knowledge" as defence, then I'm stuck with "oh sorry I didn't know that I'm meant to wait for claims before hammering".

Iced_Tea wrote:
The disconnect literally does not exist. I really regret second-guessing myself and not elaborating more on this in the original post, but (again as explained before) I did not mean "scummiest" as-in "the most scummy" but as-in "the closest to being scum". Seeing as "close to scum" isn't scum, it only makes sense to not vote for him, and there would be a disconnect if I had kept the vote up when saying that, not the other way around.
The Disconnect is actually the most convincing part to me, I have literally never seen town make such a comment accompanied by such an unvote. I don't really care how you claim, in retrospect, that you were defining 'scumminess' at that point in time, the fact of the matter is that you had a vote on someone, and in the same breath as labelling them as extremely suspicious or however you want to phrase it, unvoted them, and town does not do that. I will start maindecking Draining Shield if I am somehow wrong about this.

_________________
Cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amiabanana.topic-zone.com
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin


Number of posts : 1335
Age : 106
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:48 pm

Captain Manlove, if/when Iced_Tea flips scum, how will you feel about the fact that you will likely be immediately lynched?

_________________
Cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amiabanana.topic-zone.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Today at 12:22 am

Back to top Go down
 
Mafia 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Mafia - Paradise - Reunion
» Mafia Roles
» Xia Mafia: 5P Mini Mafia [GAME OVER - Town victory!]
» Interesting fighting between Blue.ctg and Mafia.ctg !
» GT will change in 2016

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana? :: Mafia :: Games-
Jump to: