AuthorMessage
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin

Number of posts : 1335
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:51 pm

[quote="Iced_Tea"]
Orandulum wrote:
Nah I'll vote TSR again if I decide to not no-lynch and Nathman finally shows up. If Nathman gets modkilled however it'd be better to no-lynch because numbers.
This post is very much worth bearing in mind if Nathman flips scum.

1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:51 pm

@mod: fix quote tags for me please?

Iced_Tea

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:59 pm

1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
This post is very much worth bearing in mind if Nathman flips scum.

Huh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:20 pm

The assumption that the day will go on after Nathan's modkill implies that you know him to be scum.

Iced_Tea

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:26 pm

The assumption that the day will go on after Nathan's modkill implies that you know him to be scum.

Days don't go on after a modkill for inactivity? I assumed the "day ends if a townie gets modkilled" only applies to rule breaks, which you want to punish as much as possible. I guess a modkill for inactivity is still a modkill so yea the day would end.

All this implies is that this is my first time playing Mafia and I have no idea of anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AcRv
The Traitor

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:42 pm

@mod: fix quote tags for me please?
@Site Admin: can I have admin powers to do so?

Otherwise I think we all know what you mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tunnel Snakes Rule

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2013-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:33 pm

Iced_Tea wrote:
Nah I'll vote TSR again if I decide to not no-lynch and Nathman finally shows up. If Nathman gets modkilled however it'd be better to no-lynch because numbers.
Honestly, Iced-Tea is sounding more and more scummy with each post. He seems overly anxious to either get a vote passed or to get Nathan modkilled. I agree that would should lynch someone, definitely. But voting to get someone into the danger zone is pretty anti-town. We still have plenty of discussion time so it's not like we're looking to end the day before the deadline is up. I'm reinstating my vote. Vote: Iced-tea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iced_Tea

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:53 pm

Tunnel Snakes Rule wrote:
We still have plenty of discussion time so it's not like we're looking to end the day before the deadline is up.

We're not? Maybe I'm used too much to RL mafia-style games which go relatively fast, I've never played forum Mafia before. I definitely raise an eyebrow everytime I see how long that deadline is. Though I'm slowly beginning to see how/why forum Mafia is much longer than IRL Mafia.

Eitherways I'm anxious to kill Nathman because I'm anxious to get this game along. ATM we're pretty much waiting for Nathman to show up so we can properly get started.

But fine:

Unvote: Nathman
Vote: Tunnel Snakes Rule
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tunnel Snakes Rule

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:23 am

Iced_Tea wrote:
We still have plenty of discussion time so it's not like we're looking to end the day before the deadline is up.

We're not? Maybe I'm used too much to RL mafia-style games which go relatively fast, I've never played forum Mafia before. I definitely raise an eyebrow everytime I see how long that deadline is. Though I'm slowly beginning to see how/why forum Mafia is much longer than IRL Mafia.

Eitherways I'm anxious to kill Nathman because I'm anxious to get this game along. ATM we're pretty much waiting for Nathman to show up so we can properly get started.

But fine:

Unvote: Nathman
Vote: Tunnel Snakes Rule

The mod has that covered. If Nathman doesn't show his face the mod will modkill him. Let the mod do his job, and you do yours as a player in the game.

The fact that you said "but fine" as your only justification for voting me makes you seem way too defensive. I'm sorry but you're just making yourself look more and more scummy with each post, even if no one else can see it.
Orandulum's quick attempt to get the vote going on Iced then quickly changing on me after I voted Iced during RVS makes me pretty sure that Oran and Iced are scum buddies. I'm fairly sure 1337 is town, even though he's very pro-town even when scum in other games I have played with him.

If I end up getting lynched. It's the town's loss. I haven't said anything to make you think I'm scum. Your last vote is almost tit-for-tat.

Also, if I seem defensive now, it's because I legitimately have a reason to be. RVS has (probably) passed and we're into a proper discussion which has lead me to being in the danger zone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iced_Tea

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:51 am

The mod has that covered. If Nathman doesn't show his face the mod will modkill him. Let the mod do his job, and you do yours as a player in the game.

Oh yea, I keep forgetting that. Really gotta get used to modkill being a thing. Still, I really hope Nathman shows up, we're already down to only 7 players. Though I guess if he doesn't it doesn't really matter if he gets modkilled or not, unless he is scum and the day doesn't end, which would be great.

The fact that you said "but fine" as your only justification for voting me makes you seem way too defensive. [...] Your last vote is almost tit-for-tat.

It is, literally. I'm trying to kill you because you're trying to kill me (and have been right from the start, even if that may have been RVS). Based on your first post, your whole "Iced looks scummier by the post" seems awfully loaded with confirmation bias.

Also, if I seem defensive now, it's because I legitimately have a reason to be.

So do I, I'm getting called scum for not being used to forum mafia yet. I tend to take a while to "get a feeling" for any new game I try, that includes forum games.

If Nathman gets modkilled and turns out to be scum, I feel like there could be a serious case for TSR being scum with how much he seems to try and defend Nathman here. The whole "let the mod do his job" thing seems awfully defensive of Nathman, and while TSR has a legit reason to be defensive of himself here, he doesn't have a legit reason to be defensive of Nathman unless both of them are scum.

For now, I have to admit that my vote on TSR was more of a "revenge vote", which I guess makes it non-serious. Since this is clearly a serious Mafia group I assume we're trying to avoid non-serious voting, so:

Unvote: Tunnel Snakes Rule

I still feel that, out of all players currently active, he seems the most likely to be scum. And he seems to think the same of me, that makes us even I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AcRv
The Traitor

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:02 pm

Vote Count 1.4
(2) Tunnel Snakes Rule - 1337ness_of_teh_n00b, Orandulum L-2!
(1) Iced_Tea - Tunnel Snake Rule

Not Voting: Nathman, Cracked Atlas, Melexiious, Iced_Tea

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Day One Deadline

Prodding Cracked Atlas, Melexiious, and Orandulum. Some of those are coming a bit late, the 72 hours will count from when the prod was issued.

Nathman has about 24 hours until I search for a replacement.

Last edited by AcRv on Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:37 pm

Quote :
Nathman has about 24 hours until I search for a replacement.

Oh, this is interesting, and changes my play a lot.

Tunnel Snakes is town. I've kept my vote on him slightly longer than I've suspected this so I can be sure, and he has responded with some extremely genuine-looking frustration tempered by a surprising amount of apathy. I don't know, you can fake just about anything in text, but posts like "I don't know who else you should be voting for. I'm not your mother and you are not a child so decide for yourself as to who you want to vote for" are such a great example of not flailing about just because some moron decided to start picking on you.

Iced_Tea wrote:

I still feel that, out of all players currently active, he seems the most likely to be scum.

I don't like the disconnect between these two lines.

Unvote
Vote: Iced_Tea

Iced_Tea

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:46 pm

Iced_Tea wrote:

I still feel that, out of all players currently active, he seems the most likely to be scum.

I don't like the disconnect between these two lines.

I don't see how there's a disconnect here. I'm not saying he's definitely scum, I'm just saying he's current the closest to being definitely scum out of everyone active. I probably should've elaborated more on this in my last post, but what I mean is that currently noone in this thread seems scum enough to deserve a serious vote, but TSR seems the closest to that threshold. Is that clearer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iced_Tea

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:47 pm

@Mod: You missed TSR's vote on me in your last vote count. There currently should be two votes on my head, and one on TSR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AcRv
The Traitor

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:44 pm

Iced_Tea wrote:
@Mod: You missed TSR's vote on me in your last vote count. There currently should be two votes on my head, and one on TSR.

Thanks, fixed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:49 pm

I'm.. not really sure what to post.
Uh.

Yeah.
Anyone want to ask me a question?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iced_Tea

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:25 am

Melexiious wrote:

Uhh... sure.

Are you scum?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:07 am

Iced_Tea wrote:
Melexiious wrote:

Uhh... sure.

Are you scum?

Yes,
Can you confirm that you are indeed, my scum buddy?

Jokes aside I figure I might aswell just post my reads that I have so far.

Iced_Tea - Neutral, this is pretty shakey vote because one hand, he looks town, on the other he's scum.
1337ness - Pure Neutral - Need more info
TSR - Pure Neutral (Town?)
Melexiious - Scum
AcRv - Scum buddies with Melexiious.
Atlas - Pure Neutral (Town?) - Need more info
Orandulum - Neutral, maybe scum? - Need more info
I don't know. I'd pin scum on either Orandulum, 1337ness or Iced. Mainly out of A/ Statistical Chance and B/ out of reasons why
Nathman - Neutral, possibly scum.

I could see Nathman being scum, being unable to post at all in fear of being insta-found out. But it's probably just chalked up to not knowing anything about the game at all, really. So it's more of a wandering thought, rather than an actual accusation. Infact I'm pretty certain that's not the case but, we'll have to see a post to find out if that's the case or not.

(Reasons being)
Orandulum - Talking very little - Also note he's often at work or sleeping, however he could just be in the same boat as me.
1337ness - Taking charge - Also note that he'll do this no matter what, so really it's irrelevant. I just wanna keep a good eye on him because if he's scum we're fucked.
Iced - reasons explained so far in thread by other people.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:11 pm

I don't think you can post "[playername]: null" six times and call it a reads' list.

Iced_Tea

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:20 pm

I don't think you can post "[playername]: null" six times and call it a reads' list.

Yes you can.

[playername]: null

The above is a reads list.

Get rekt scrub.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AcRv
The Traitor

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:17 am

Vote Count 1.5
(2) Iced_Tea - Tunnel Snake Rule, 1337ness_of_teh_n00b L-2!
(1) Tunnel Snakes Rule - Orandulum

Not Voting: Captain Manlove, Cracked Atlas, Melexiious, Iced_Tea

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Day One Deadline

Captain Manlove replaces Nathman, sending him the Role PM now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iced_Tea

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:59 am

Yay for Captain Manlove! That fucking username + that Jon Tron face.

Atlas hasn't posted in forever, and Orandulum only posts sparsely aswell. I guess that could be construed as scumminess (the best way to not slip up and say something scummy is to not say anything at all). Orandulum doesn't seem scummy from his posts so far, but for Atlas I really can't tell as he hasn't posted enough. Really kinda hard to tell this early in general.

PS: 1337ness, is your vote on me actually serious or more "let's poke her with my dick a stick and see how loud she moans she reacts"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Manlove

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:58 pm

Hey guys its me Nathman's Assassin mysterious replacement Captain Manlove.

I was planning on making this opening post a reads list, but after reading through the posts, the list would just be that most of the players are neutral from inactivity which is just the same thing that everyone else has said.
Since there are only like 3 active enough players to be judged, the only solution is to flip a 3 sided coin to figure out who's scum, ill be back as soon as i figure out how to do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:10 pm

Iced_Tea wrote:
PS: 1337ness, is your vote on me actually serious or more "let's poke her with my dick a stick and see how loud she moans she reacts"?
Tenuous, but serious.

Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency

Number of posts : 1167
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:32 pm

Oh hey, Captain Manlove. Long time no fukk, eyy? Apologies for the incoming wall of text, but I haven't posted in a while, so hopefully this makes up for that.

I think at the very least we can be pretty sure that Iced_Tea and TSR aren't scum buddies. That slap-fight seemed far too genuine. So either one of them is scum, or they're both town, and I'm not sure which is more likely right now.

Melex seemed like he had too little to say after too long not posting, but I'm pretty sure that's actually par for the course with him.

1337ness is... doing 1337ness things? I find you so hard to read, both ways, so I'm just gonna keep on suspecting you of like, being Jester or Hitler or something. 'Cos you're always fucking something.

Orandulum needs to post more. 'Till then my read on him is 'little bitch'.

Which uh, shit, that's everyone. And my only real read from this is either TSR or Iced_Tea are probably scum. And unlike 1337ness, I'm not so sure that TSR has shown himself to be townie yet. You make a good point with the whole apathy thing, but in my experience TSR tends towards apathy whenever stuff starts going against him, and that could include getting his scumminess called out. On the other hand it's TSR, so the fact I'm not reading him as super scummy is probably a point in his favour.

Meanwhile Iced_Tea seems to be pushing that 'I'm new don't lynch pls' argument a little hard. Unfortunately, it's also a pretty convincing argument. Never attribute to scumminess that which can be explained by newbishness, and all that. Still, I'm gonna be keeping eyes on both of these.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia 2016   

Back to top Go down

Mafia 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next