Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana?

Make /amiabanana/ Great Again!
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin


Number of posts : 1335
Age : 106
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:44 pm

Autistrocrat, I am not joking about the dayvig, and everything I know about D1 and newbies is telling me to shoot you in the face right now.

Sometimes, when I get very strong reads right off the bat, it turns out I am very wrong.

Atlas, thoughts?

Oh, and:

D1 = day one
Hammer = make the vote that actually gets someone lynched
Quickhammer = to hammer someone prematurely, in a way that cuts discussion short

_________________
Cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amiabanana.topic-zone.com
Iced_Tea



Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:45 pm

Fair enough, a good player wouldn't be stupid enough to try and quick lynch this early. And a bad player is likely just looking scum out of inexperience (I know the feel).

Unvote: Autistrocrat

I don't think we should no-lynch just yet, if we no-lynch at all. Let's wait for some other people to post first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Autistrocrat



Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:51 pm

1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
Autistrocrat, I am not joking about the dayvig, and everything I know about D1 and newbies is telling me to shoot you in the face right now.

Sometimes, when I get very strong reads right off the bat, it turns out I am very wrong.

Atlas, thoughts?

Oh, and:

D1 = day one
Hammer = make the vote that actually gets someone lynched
Quickhammer = to hammer someone prematurely, in a way that cuts discussion short
I'm pretty sure I'm just stupid.
And why not no lynch? I can't really see an advantage to lynching here, unless we're banking on the mostly random lynch being the scum, or you really think one less person for a cop to interrogate is a significant advantage to lose one day/night period over.
Unvote: Real Human Meme
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iced_Tea



Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:00 pm

Autistrocrat wrote:
to lose one day/night period over.

The day period passes even if we no-lynch. It just passes without a lynch kill. (It'll still have a vig kill, assuming 1337ness isn't full of shit.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Autistrocrat



Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:07 pm

Iced_Tea wrote:
Autistrocrat wrote:
to lose one day/night period over.

The day period passes even if we no-lynch. It just passes without a lynch kill. (It'll still have a vig kill, assuming 1337ness isn't full of shit.)
Yes, but if there's one less town then the mafia will be one person closer to winning, hence one less period should they win, if that makes any sense. If you lynch town first, you're essentially doing the mafia's work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin


Number of posts : 1335
Age : 106
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:11 pm

I hate this game sometimes.

unvote
vote: Iced_Tea

Both more vote-happy than last game and significantly more nervous about what we all think. Also, a hunch.

I am going to bed, someone else link stats or reference the 2 vs. 1/3 vs. 1 thought experiment, or just point out that fear of lynching townies is an extremely slippery slope that can easily lead to scum getting free kills all the way to a lynch-or-lose scenario.

_________________
Cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amiabanana.topic-zone.com
Autistrocrat



Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:15 pm

1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
I hate this game sometimes.

unvote
vote: Iced_Tea

Both more vote-happy than last game and significantly more nervous about what we all think. Also, a hunch.

I am going to bed, someone else link stats or reference the 2 vs. 1/3 vs. 1 thought experiment, or just point out that fear of lynching townies is an extremely slippery slope that can easily lead to scum getting free kills all the way to a lynch-or-lose scenario.
I suppose fair enough about the slipper slope, but I feel like it works first round before anybody's got the chance to properly analyse the events of a night round and try to work out what people's roles are. The only real thing we have so far is that you've claimed dayvig. I'll probably also be going to bed in a minute, so I'll see what happens overnight and whether or not I get lynched anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iced_Tea



Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:24 pm

1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
significantly more nervous about what we all think.

I'm always nervous about what everyone thinks, mafia or not. I'm working on that. So no, I'm not more nervous than last game, if anything I'd be less nervous cus I'm not quite as clueless anymore.

TBH we need more people to post. So far it's just been us 3 pretty much. If I wanted to I could read scumminess into both of you guys (and I've already done so towards Autistocrat), but I don't think that'd be very productive.

Vote: Tunnel Snakes Rule
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tunnel Snakes Rule



Number of posts : 72
Age : 20
Localisation : Vault 34
Registration date : 2013-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:00 am

Unvote

Surely one of the other players should post as well. Vote: Melexxious
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iced_Tea



Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:22 am

Unvote: Tunnel Snakes Rule

Atlas also hasn't posted so far.

Vote: Cracked Atlas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous


Number of posts : 760
Age : 21
Localisation : 5IXQ6f6eMxQ
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:04 am

Do people have a fetish for spelling my name wrong?

So pretty much either 1337ness is telling the truth or running the biggest gambit of all.
But, for reasons not yet slated I am pretty certain that he's telling the truth. Infact probably around 80% chance sure he's telling the truth.

He wouldn't pull out and spray the silly string first post, hell... Even before the game technically /started/.

So yeah, I'm pretty damn sure he's a dayvig and he's gon shoot someone.

The only thing I can really see is that could be scummy is 1337ness trying to talk to Atlas a lot more than he usually does in games, calling him out a fair bit even though he's barely posted.
But honestly, I think that's just 1337ness trying to draw Atlas into the game more since he was more of an absent father last game. It's not really any indication of scum, just something out of line from last game.

Which really, if he's not acting like last game that's probably a good sign.

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin


Number of posts : 1335
Age : 106
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:01 am

That's right, never have I ever busted out the silly string before the game started.

Full disclosure, I do have a long history of fakeclaiming dayvig, including one game where the real dayvig shot me over it.

This is not either of those games, though.

Meleeeexxxxxxxx are you scum again?

_________________
Cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amiabanana.topic-zone.com
Iced_Tea



Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:00 am

I agree with most of the things in Malxi's post.

The main reason why I didn't immediately jump on 1337ness for the dayvig comment is that such a comment would make little sense as a scum lie. So yea, I'm pretty sure he's not lying. Add to that that vig is usually town, he's pretty much conf town.

However, both because by his own admittance lying about dayvig is exactly the kind of thing he'd do, and because I prefer verified trust over blind trust, I would like to verify his vig status just to be sure. Depending on how many shots he has, we could have him perform our "lynch", or get in two lynches, as soon as possible.

Melexiious wrote:
Which really, if he's not acting like last game that's probably a good sign.

This is where I disagree. I feel he's not that different from last game, but I also think looking to last game for clues is a bad idea. Not only is it unsportsmanlike towards our new players, but it's also largely irrelevant. Everybody here has probably learned from their mistakes last game, and is therefore unlikely to repeat them. No way 1337ness would behave the same way he did last game if he were scum.

With that said, he seems to be doing his usual thing of trying to read into things wherever possible (as he did last game), though he's doing it less aggressively than last game. That combined with the fact that he's probably dayvig makes me think he's just being 1337ness rather than scum.

So uhh, who hasn't posted yet? Oh yea Atlas. My vote stays for now then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous


Number of posts : 760
Age : 21
Localisation : 5IXQ6f6eMxQ
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:13 pm

Iced_Tea wrote:


This is where I disagree. I feel he's not that different from last game, but I also think looking to last game for clues is a bad idea. Not only is it unsportsmanlike towards our new players, but it's also largely irrelevant. Everybody here has probably learned from their mistakes last game, and is therefore unlikely to repeat them. No way 1337ness would behave the same way he did last game if he were scum.

With that said, he seems to be doing his usual thing of trying to read into things wherever possible (as he did last game), though he's doing it less aggressively than last game. That combined with the fact that he's probably dayvig makes me think he's just being 1337ness rather than scum.

So uhh, who hasn't posted yet? Oh yea Atlas. My vote stays for now then.

I mean, him trying to read into things it just 1337ness not scum.
I'unno, maybe it's just me looking at it through another lens but I've got a good feeling about 1337ness.

But for reasons I might (probably) even disclose during this first day I'm fairly certain he's Dayvig.

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous


Number of posts : 760
Age : 21
Localisation : 5IXQ6f6eMxQ
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:14 pm

Sorry, I meant to do that as one post but fucked up.

1337ness_of_teh_n00b wrote:
That's right, never have I ever busted out the silly string before the game started.

Full disclosure, I do have a long history of fakeclaiming dayvig, including one game where the real dayvig shot me over it.

This is not either of those games, though.

Meleeeexxxxxxxx are you scum again?

To be fair, that was Deathy and you apparently don't really like basic deathy, so I can easily see you doing your dumb mafia shenanigans then.
And even then, that was just super-intense RVS and not like, actually relevant information like what you've got now.

And no, I can assure you that I am not scum.

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency


Number of posts : 1167
Age : 22
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:21 pm

I never misspell your name, Beese.

You know, I was actually gonna point out that 1337ness fakeclaiming dayvig is alarmingly common. But, then he went and did it himself. Still, it's common enough that I really don't know if I can trust him here. It'll be interesting to see Melexiious' 'confirmation' on the issue.

Also, we had a long discussion on no lynching and whatever last game, and you know, I get where new players are coming from, buuuut suffice to say it's never as good an idea as you think it is. Also, new players really like trying to examine what happened during the night phase the day after, which again, is not as good an idea as you think it is. They're common pitfalls, I'd like to avoid them.


_________________
Nice legs, daisy dukes, makes a man go   
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melexiious
The Fabulous


Number of posts : 760
Age : 21
Localisation : 5IXQ6f6eMxQ
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:02 pm

That's Beese to you, dammit!

But I'm fairly confident on his role, based on my role.

Since he claimed dayvig I'm gonna go and claim my role of Townie with a Vest. I feel like I'll probably regret this later down the line but hey, if scum manages to win a game in under two nights then we can just play another, eh?

I have a feeling we have another Townie with a Vest or some kind of bulletproof modifier and this game's meta is 'Pass the vest around and hope nobody gets killed.'

I'm confident in saying my role because.
What are you gonna do, Mafia?
Shoot me?

Bahaha!


(Translator's Note: While it is in my role modifier to be able to share it around instead of being straight bullet proof, I'm keeping it for myself unless general consensus agrees to do otherwise)

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Manlove



Number of posts : 104
Age : 83
Localisation : The
Registration date : 2013-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:32 pm

Well this has been an eventful start, two role claims and we're barely 24 hours in.


Vote Count 1.0:

(1) Melexiious - Tunnel Snakes Rule
(1) Iced_Tea - 1337ness_of_teh_n00b
(1) Cracked Atlas  - Iced_Tea

Not Voting: Melexiious, Autistocrat, Cracked Atlas, Real Human Meme

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Day One Deadline
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iced_Tea



Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:47 pm

Melexiious wrote:
I mean, him trying to read into things it just 1337ness not scum.

Yea, exactly. It probably means nothing.

Melexiious wrote:
I'm confident in saying my role because.
What are you gonna do, Mafia?
Shoot me?

Bahaha!

XD

I'm included to trust both of these guys' claims. The only way I could see Mlyxa lying in this scenario is if he was scum alongside 1337ness, and that's just ridiculous statistically.

I haven't done any of the calculations (can't be bothered), but I agree with Atlas. No-lynch is probably a bad idea. Especially because if we lynch we get to confirm 1337ness's vig status. At least assuming he has enough shots, how many shots do you have, 1337ness?

Am I just dumb or has RHM still not posted? Can you slap him or something, mod?

Unvote: Cracked Atlas
Vote: Real Human Meme
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Autistrocrat



Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:58 pm

Are we really back at the stage of voting RHM for not posting?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iced_Tea



Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:12 pm

Yea we are. RVSing the least active players to encourage them to post is as good a RVS as any. (Okay, I guess it's not really random if there's a rule behind it, but let's not get all philosophical.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Autistrocrat



Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:14 pm

So, dayvig kill to confirm a role and no-lynch, or lynch and a dayvig kill? I mean, unless he has limited shots it makes sense to confirm the role.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin


Number of posts : 1335
Age : 106
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:07 am

Yes I vig before we lynch, because the day ends when there is a lynch, which makes dayvigging rather difficult.

So yeah, if someone hits L-1 and you want to hammer them, please instead say "oi 1337ness can ya shoot that fucker?" and I'll go "okay man" and shoot that fucker in the face unless that fucker is me because why would I do that to myself?

Atlas, why did you ask Melex to reveal private reasons for believing my claim? Feels like rolefishing to me. If it was, congratulations, you fished a role.

Hmmm.

Vote... stays where it is for now? I dunno, Iced_Tea, how do you feel about the location of my vote?

Holy fucking shit I can feel the power coursing through my veins gonna explode any minute now gonna put a bullet in someone I'm just waiting for a reason just waiting for reason so JUST GIVE ME A REASON JUST A LITTLE BIT'S ENOUGH JUST A SECOND WE'RE NOT BROKEN JUST BENT AND WE CAN LEARN TO LIVE AGAIN.

_________________
Cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amiabanana.topic-zone.com
Real Human Meme



Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:45 am

I was in wrong thread this whole time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Autistrocrat



Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:47 am

Real Human Meme wrote:
I was in wrong thread this whole time
Man and I thought I was the most incompetent player in this game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire    

Back to top Go down
 
Captain Manlove's Love-boat Murder mystery extraordinaire
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Some items for charge collections
» Captain blood
» Kingdom Hearts Fans, prepare to murder me!!!
» Empire Captain on Pegasus WiP
» Brother Captain Model

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana? :: Mafia :: Games-
Jump to: