Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana?

If you're reading this, the fuck you doin' on amiabanana? Fuck off.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Navarre

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:25 pm

this seems a little to lenient. can we induce a penalty on the player who's turn is skipped? say what they 1/2 of what they could have gotten if this rule was rejected?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency

Number of posts : 1167
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:32 pm

Actually, I like that. Sort of.

"If a player does not post to acknowledge his/her turn within 48 hours of the previous player's turn ending, and they have not given any notification of their absence, then they will be prodded. If the player still does not post within another 24 hours, their turn will be skipped. Furthermore, and player who's turn is skipped due to this rule will lose points equal to the number of points that they would have lost if they had made a proposal during the skipped turn, and it was rejected.

The previous player's turn is officially over, in the context of this rule, when every player has voted on that player's proposal, the proposal has been officially adopted/rejected, and a score count has been posted that reflects this."

1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin

Number of posts : 1335
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:47 pm

I vaguely like where this is going, but proposals can be rejected through multiple voting combinations.

I assume you mean 'lose points equal to half the points they would have lost had they mad a proposal that didn't get any votes in more formal wording because my ability to think has been comprimised'.

Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:21 pm

"If a player does not post to acknowledge his/her turn within 48 hours of the previous player's turn ending, and they have not given any notification of their absence, then they will be prodded. If the player still does not post within another 24 hours, their turn will be skipped. Furthermore, and player who's turn is skipped due to this rule will lose points equal to the number of points that they would have lost if they had made a proposal during the skipped turn, and it was rejected after getting 0 votes to adopt.

The previous player's turn is officially over, in the context of this rule, when every player has voted on that player's proposal, the proposal has been officially adopted/rejected, and a score count has been posted that reflects this."

And I mean full points. Orandulum can change it to half when/if he re-proposes.

Orandulum
Spurt Reynolds

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:54 pm

no I'm pretty sure Full points seems fair, I made this rule mainly to keep myself posting so that will be extra incentive.

all right then I re-propose Rule 308: "If a player does not post to acknowledge his/her turn within 48 hours of the previous player's turn ending, and they have not given any notification of their absence, then they will be prodded. If the player still does not post within another 24 hours, their turn will be skipped. Furthermore, and player who's turn is skipped due to this rule will lose points equal to the number of points that they would have lost if they had made a proposal during the skipped turn, and it was rejected after getting 0 votes to adopt.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:21 pm

I vote to adopt 308

Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:11 pm

i prefer half points but i will change it later. I vote to adopt rule 308. i retain the option to shift my vote
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:50 pm

I'll accept after a fairly obvious but moderately amusing typo is fixed.

Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:32 am

Ugh, because neither 1337ness or Orandulum could be bothered, I EBWOP Orandulum's post:

"If a player does not post to acknowledge his/her turn within 48 hours of the previous player's turn ending, and they have not given any notification of their absence, then they will be prodded. If the player still does not post within another 24 hours, their turn will be skipped. Furthermore, a player who's turn is skipped due to this rule will lose points equal to the number of points that they would have lost if they had made a proposal during the skipped turn, and it was rejected after getting 0 votes to adopt.

The previous player's turn is officially over, in the context of this rule, when every player has voted on that player's proposal, the proposal has been officially adopted/rejected, and a score count has been posted that reflects this.

1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Okay, due to an internet situation, (specifically, we don't have a computer), I'm sorta gonna be offline till Friday.

/accept

Someone else scorecount, I'm in a hurry

1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:37 pm

Actually, no, I won't accept until Orandulum acknowledge's the non-typo'd version as his final proposal.

Orandulum
Spurt Reynolds

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:25 pm

Right, now that my internet seems to be working again, I offer my final proposal: I propose Rule 308

"If a player does not post to acknowledge his/her turn within 48 hours of the previous player's turn ending, and they have not given any notification of their absence, then they will be prodded. If the player still does not post within another 24 hours, their turn will be skipped. Furthermore, a player who's turn is skipped due to this rule will lose points equal to the number of points that they would have lost if they had made a proposal during the skipped turn, and it was rejected after getting 0 votes to adopt.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:25 pm

I resign from this game. Kinda boring me a little
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:56 pm

Well, three players. This sucks.

/accept

(3/3)*15 = 15
Jordy contributed over half, he gains eight points.

Me: 11
Cracked: 35
Navarre: --15
Orandulum: 13

Now it's the second circuit of turns, just let me put Orandulum's rule into the ruleset and find my last turn's rule to repropose.

1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:57 pm

ARGHHHHHHHH WHY CAN'T I COUNT?

(3/3)*17 = 17
Jordy contributed over half, he gains nine points.

Me: 11
Cracked: 36
Navarre: --15
Orandulum: 15

1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:01 pm

309: After a proposal has been passed, the rule is to be added to the immutable rules list if immutable, and the mutable rules list if mutable, and take on the number one more than the rule preceding it on the list

Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:08 pm

Specify, if another rule does not already, that when a rule is changed from mutable to immutable or vice versa that it then switches lists. Then I'll accept.

1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:38 pm

Actually, transmuting rules is already a proposal in its own right, so it still falls to this rule.

Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:25 pm

Right you are.

/accept

Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:28 pm

After speaking to Orandulum, I have found that he's resigned. He was just to lazy to actually resign.

I'm fine with people resigning, but they could have the decency to actually post saying "I resign". Ugh. If you read this Orandulum, consider this a permanent black mark on your record.

1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Well, with two players, this is theoretically but not practically completable.

Uh, I guess the nomic section of site is on temporary hiatus until we get more players.

I'mma drop a note in the rules section suggesting people read a game so they know what they're getting themselves into; clearly this game is not for everyone.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   

Back to top Go down

Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5